A mindful drinking festival is taking place later this week and weekend. And with reports of increased lockdown drinking, the new mindful drinking festival will give online attendees lots of advice and support to reduce or cut out alcohol altogether.The eighth Mindful Drinking Festival from Club Soda is going to be online this year as COVID-19 continues to affect real-world events. The Mindful Drinking festival will run from Thursday 30 July – Sunday 2 August live on Facebook and YouTube.
Key events include
The four-day event will give you inspiration to change your drinking habits. You’ll have access to some of the world’s leading experts in mindful drinking and find out about lots of new low and no-alcohol drinks. These include: craft beers, wines, spirits, lower-sugar sodas, tonics and infusions.
- Inspirational talks and panels on the Champs Motivation Stage by influencers and experts on changing drinking habits and living healthier lifestyles. We have already confirmed nearly 80 themed sessions globally.
- Over 60 low and no alcohol drinks sessions with virtual ‘meet the maker’, so people can meet the pioneers behind the brands.
- Cocktail masterclasses, beer tastings and drinks talks with the world’s top experts.The selection of speakers includes: Spencer Matthews, TV star and founder of low-alcohol brand CleanSpirit; author of Sober Curious, Ruby Warrington and author of Quit Like a Woman author Holly Whittaker.The sessions cover all topics related to moderation and quitting, including sober socialising, dating, exploring creativity and the use of journaling. Attendees will also hear inspirational interviews with journalists, authors and key Instagram influencers.
Who is Club Soda?Club Soda is a global Mindful Drinking Movement. Their first book ‘How to Be a Mindful Drinker’ (£8.99) was released by DK Books in 2019. They provide a multifaceted approach with their three main support strands:
Not happy to put up with a compromise on taste or choice when at home or going out, mindful drinkers of all kinds are reaching for the new wave of alcohol-free beers, spirits, wines and craft sodas. Last year the sale of low and no beer, wine and spirits grew by £22.4m.
- Supporting individuals to rethink their drinking habits.
- Building an online drinks and venues guide that features the best pubs and bars for mindful drinkers (clubsodaguide.com)
- Curating the best alcohol-free drinks to be showcased at the Mindful Drinking Festivals.The health and wellness trend is also driving this growth across the world with the US market seeing an increase in low calorie and low alcohol products as customers seek to improve their lifestyle.Club Soda founder Laura Willoughby MBE, said: “The UK is leading the growing mindful drinking movement as consumers make lifestyle choices to change their drinking habits. The rise in the wellness trend has seen this category explode in the past few years.”
The eighth Mindful Drinking Festival from Club Soda runs from Thursday 30 July – Sunday 2 August live on Facebook and YouTube.