Feel refreshed and rejuvenated at Moddershall Oaks.
Where: Moddershall Oaks Country Spa Retreat, Staffordshire, UK (www.moddershalloaks.com)
Set the scene: Moddershall is a secluded retreat set in its own beautiful lakeside grounds in the Staffordshire countryside offering an escape from everyday life.
Top Santé stayed: Overnight in a luxury 5* boutique suite with four poster bed and freestanding bath plus separate rainfall shower. All rooms have access to a shared outdoor hot tub.
- Enjoyed the outdoor vitality pool until 10pm each evening looking out onto beautiful countryside.
- Invigorate your skin with the Experience Shower, which releases bursts of tropical and fragrant rain and cold mists to boost circulation.
- Snuggle up in the Relaxation Lounge with plenty of soft seating – perfect for getting lost in a book or simply enjoying the log fire as it crackles away.
Top Santé tried: ELEMIS Nectar Nourishing Wrap
What is it?
As someone who suffers from dry skin, I was excited for the hydrating and nourishing wrap, which promised to quench my skin. After being given the choice between Frangipani and Sweet Orchid oils (I went with the latter) by the lovely Melissa, I was expertly massaged with the warm oil before being cocooned, so the mood-balancing aromatics and skin conditioning oil could do their work. While I was wrapped up tight, I received an incredible face and shoulder massage before a quick rinse and application of moisturiser. I was left feeling incredibly calm and rejuvenated with silky soft skin, which lasted long after the wrap. – Emily Thorpe, Editorial Assistant
Top Santé dined on at the Lakeside restaurant on Coronation crab to start, followed by a palette-cleansing lemon sorbet, then main off pancetta-wrapped pork fillet accompanied by celeriac dauphinoise, Catalan spinach and heritage carrots.
Other USPs (unique spa points!)
- The Snug: this stylish sanctuary can be booked at Moddershall for any parties, celebrations or even meetings. Set the scene as you wish with music, movies and decoration, and enjoy an assortment of snacks and beauty treatments too.
- Spa Deli: on hand to fuel you with tasty food and refreshing beverages throughout your visit with dedicated staff who take orders straight from the pool so there’s no need to leave the bubbling warmth.
- 72 Acres of Parkland: There are plenty of beautiful surroundings for you to explore at your leisure. Enjoy the fresh air and take a walk through the Woodland Trail or borrow a complimentary bicycle to explore further afield.