- It’s a great opportunity to get fit. If you’ve set yourself a goal this year to do more exercise, why not challenge yourself by signing up to an event?
- You’re making a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability. The charity is asking all participants to raise £100 to help support their work. Nothing beats crossing the finish line knowing you’ve helped someone.
- Make memories with your friends and family. Sign up as a team and have a great time together. There is also a family friendly 1km run so you can take part with your children.
- The Mencap Events team will be with you every step of the way with training tips and a whole load of Mencap support to make sure you have the best time.
- It’s tons of fun and you’ll get a medal to wear with pride after the event.
Their events are a great place to try something new and an inclusive way to push yourself, and by putting a date in the diary, you’re more likely to keep up your resolution.
The charity is asking all participants to raise £100 to help support their work and in return, you’ll receive training guidance, the biggest cheers on the day, and a Mencap t-shirt to wear with pride.
Mencap’s vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included. Money raised will help keep their vital services free, so they can continue to provide care and support and campaign for a better future for people with a learning disability.
Lorainne has a learning disability and took part in the Hyde Park 10km with her friends and family in 2018. ‘It was a really rewarding experience and I loved being cheered on by the crowds,’ she says. ‘Mencap have supported me for many years and it was great to get my friends and family involved. I was really proud of my achievement.’
Sign up today and make a difference to yourself and others in 2019. View Mencap’s event calendar online – mencap.org.uk/events
If you aren’t sure about running but want to support Mencap, learn more about how you could fundraise or other ways to get involved on their website –mencap.org.uk/fundraising