This vegan pumpkin curry recipe is filled with healthy autumnal veg and warming spices. The addition of crunchy cashews and creamy coconut milk add a touch of indulgence. The recipe also works well with squashes or sweet potato!
Short on time? You can use a bag of prepared pumpkin or sweet potato to save time.
Vegan spinach and pumpkin curry with cashew nuts
- Cooking oil 1 tbsp
- Garlic clove 1, finely chopped
- Onion 1, finely chopped
- Fresh root ginger 2cm, peeled and grated
- Medium curry paste 1tbsp
- Chopped tomatos 400g
- Light coconut milk 200g
- Pumpkin (or other autumnal squash) 350g, peeled and cut into chunks
- Baby spinach leaves 250g
- Cashew nuts 60g, toasted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and cook the garlic, onion and ginger together for 5 mins until softened and golden.
- Stir in the medium curry paste and cook for a minute longer.
- Then, add in the chopped tomatoes, light coconut milk and pumpkin.
- Simmer for 10-15 mins, stirring occasionally until the pumpkin is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the baby spinach leaves and cook gently together for a couple of mins until the spinach is just cooked.
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper. Then, scatter over 60g toasted cashew nuts to serve.